3. If your child spills something on his/her clothes that will most likely stain, remove it immediately, wash it as best as you can, and put dish soap on it. Let it sit in a dry bucket until you can remove the stain. You may have to re-wash and re-apply the dish soap several times.
4. If eating on a carpet, first put down an old blanket or table cloth to avoid soiling the carpet
5. Make sure girls’ hair is up and out of their face so they don’t get stuff in it!
6. Send kids outside to eat sticky, messy, fun foods, such as popsicles, watermelon, etc. Twice the fun and half the mess!
7. Never allow children to dump all their toys out! Teach them to take out one set at a time, and put it back first before playing with something else.
8. Have a wet (clean) rag handy for each of the kids to clean up messy hands with immediately.
10. Keep projects short, and always stay close by to supervise so children don’t get extra “creative” (i.e. make more messes ) when mommy is away!